Monday, May 10, 2004

Level 4 - Harold, Class #2, Ross White

Next up. I started the Level 4 Harold class Tuesday night (everyone else started last week while I was at the Buffett concert people watching and drinking beer and singing about sharks and volcanoes and cheeseburgers).

This was a hard night. I got in my head right at the start and just never did find my way out. I was ready to cry by the end of the second hour. We did a lot of exercises, and exercises always make me start thinking too hard about what I’m supposed to be doing. Improv death, but how else can you learn?

The class ate my brain and I don’t really remember a lot of it. I remember starting to have fun a couple times but then thinking “Game? Is that the game?” and then losing both the fun and the game. I just did crappy scenework all night long, but I know I can do better. I know I have done better. So I’m not quitting this week.

Maybe next week.

But probably not.

No comments: