Monday, May 24, 2004

Incubator practice, Week 7, Jon Karpinos coaching

May 24, 2004, 12:16 AM
Lisa P
Cat Lady Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DSI Commune, NC
Posts: 1,856




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has become a Sunday night ritual, but I guess it won’t be for long. Tomorrow will be the last of the Incubator practices. I’m glad I understand that fun, like happiness, is a decision. I’m glad I made the right decision.

Last Monday we began throwing the balls as usual, but it got really crazy and we just lost control of them. They were flying everywhere and hitting us in the face and head and back and boobs (that was me). As we stopped for a break, someone said it was like spherical suicide.

After all the discussion about trying to find a name (I tried to tell them it would come to us when it was time) I just turned around and said “You know that’s it, right?” And so it was. We are Spherical Suicide.

Jon had invited some friends to come watch us, and Ethan and Jeff came, too, and we rocked out with a couple of montages. It was so much fun, and I felt really good about it.

Afterwards we went to Armadillo Grill and Jon bought us each our beverage of choice and we just hung out and had a really good time. Bryan and Kit started dubbing for the muted news commentators and were hilarious. A good time was had by all.

And, yes, I kissed him back.

No comments: