Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Incubator practice, Week 6, Jon Karpinos coaching

I’m tired, but I did improv tonight, so you’re stuck with me till I unwind.

We threw the balls again – I think we’ve done that almost every practice, and if I had my way, it would always be the start of every practice ever. It is so awesome when all the balls are in the air and everyone is just moving without thinking. This is the most perfect improv warmup ever.

Once we started playing, we all seemed to be just doing ourselves in different scenes. Jon had us get in a circle and play something like Hot Spot, only with characters instead of songs. It was fun. I was a Southern housewife and a dinosaur (not at the same time, but wouldn’t that be awesome?).

It must have worked, because after that we had some stronger characters. In one montage, I think almost all of us had accents. I was still feeling somewhat stymied by the in my head thing. It bugged me all weekend, including the TLAG show. I hope I get over it by tomorrow night, because I don’t want to waste any more time in the Level 4.

But this is not about the Level 4. It’s about Incubators. We perform in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to this. I know a couple of us are stage virgins, but they’re ready, and we’ll rock out and have fun.

Oh, and I managed to make out with both Bryan and Kit, so all in all, it was a good practice.

No comments: