Monday, October 24, 2005

I had a dream about improv last night.

I was driving with someone and we were talking excitedly about improv and the new theater. I was on a familiar, well lit highway, when suddenly I drove into the dark. I couldn't see where I was going and I was scared, but not in a bad way. I was scared in that thrilling way you get riding a roller coaster. The road was unpaved and bumpy, and as my eyes got used to the dark, I saw that there wasn't actually much to see. The landscape was barren. There were no buildings, no landmarks at all. I was going to have to find my way in the dark with nothing to guide me. I looked for a place to turn around, but as I did, I realized that, with no landmarks, I wouldn't be able to find my way back to that familiar, well lit road anyway. I just needed to find a new place to go.
When I woke up, I didn't exactly know what the dream was telling me, but I knew immediately that it was about improv.

No comments: